Friday, July 19, 2013

"Where's my Wife?"

This morning I woke up at 8:40 am and forced myself to get up and go to a local free 9:00 am Zumba class held at our church.  I panicked thinking I was going to be late (understandably, in my half asleep panicked state I put my workout pants on backwards...Don't judge me!) so I did not leave a note for Eric and I forgot my phone.



An hour later...I thought I was going to die.  However, sweat dripping off my face (eww!), I emerged victorious (cue loud trumpets) and walked back to my apartment (slowly, of course, I was victorious but it was a very close battle).
It is sad how true this is...

I walk through my front door and Eric looks at me, and demands to know where I have been.

"Zumba class.  Sorry, I didn't have time to leave you a note."

"Oh.  I got home and you weren't in bed and you weren't in the shower nor hiding anywhere in the apartment.  I texted and you didn't respond.  I thought your keys were still in the box and my car keys were too so I didn't know where you could be."

"You thought I was hiding somewhere in this tiny apartment?"

"That's not the point.  If I didn't see you on my lunch break I was going to call the police!"

"Oh sweetie.  I'm glad to know that if I was kidnapped you would immediately be suspicious...although I'm not sure you panicking because I wasn't in bed at 9:45 am, when you come home for your break, like I usually am is a good thing...maybe I should get up earlier and leave our apartment more...?"  I paused for half a second then burst out laughing. "HAHAHAHA.  Yah, that's not gonna happen."  And chuckling at his exasperated and amused expression, I said goodbye and took a well deserved shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment