Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Our First Christmas Together!

It seems quite strange that Eric and I have been married for 8 months!  We spent our first Christmas trying to juggle my family and his.  I felt like we were in the middle of a tug-of-war and Eric and I were the rope!   I finished my finals a week before the big day.  Suddenly I didn't have to worry about homework and studying!  I could focus on the magic of the holidays!  (...PS Christmas is a lot better when you are a kid, growing up isn't nearly as awesome as I thought it would be...)


On Saturday the 21st, Eric and I were with my mom, dad, and sister making Christmas cookies to help us get into the Christmas Spirit! 



We spent Saturday and Sunday night at the Higgins and Halls Christmas parties!  We got some some cereal, chocolates, and money from the Halls and check out these adorable snowmen Grandma Higgins made!  


Since this was also my first Christmas in the family, I got the Birthday Angel all of the Higgins clan have!  ...Eric and I have the same birthday month though so our angels are the same color...sigh.  (PS We used my angel as our tree star :)


Then we spent the morning with my family and the night with Eric's on both Christmas Eve and Christmas!  Like I said...juggling.

We had one gift that we opened at our house from my Grandma and Grandpa King.  It was hot chocolate and a metal bin with different popcorn flavors in it!  I love the different popcorn flavors especially since I can eat them all at once!  It will be so nice to eat them with our movies and snack on them!  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa King!


Goulds

Eric, Carly, Jim, Lily, Elizabeth, Brandon, Krisina, Freckles, Merek, Penny

Krissy read us a short poem to help us remember the true meaning of Christmas.  After, Merek read on of Lily's last Christmas books (The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear) and we ate breakfast.  Yogurt parfaits and fruit with monkey bread!  Yum!  Then we opened presents.

We had Brandon this year for Christmas and he only wanted money.  So we gave him a case of Mountain Dew and wrapped some of the bottles with money to make it a little more fun!

Eric got new hiking pants from my parents!  
If you recall he wore my pair in a past post...Strike A Pose...so my dad decided he needed his own pair! 
They fit him much better!


My dad got me some nice warm under garments...


...and a white jacket that makes me feel like a fluffy polar bear!


My mom got me some of the makeup I'd put on my wishlist.
Mango Tango lip-gloss and Sunny Citrus lipstick!  Along with pretty eye-shadow. 


Then we opened our gift from Krissy and Merek.  They gave us some DVDs and we get to pick out some movies...and...
This!


That's right.  Eric and I are the proud owners of a Wii!  Krissy and Merek got the Wii U so they gave us their old Wii.  :)  They even let us borrow some of their games.
It was a fun time spent with the family playing Super Mario Brothers, drinking white chocolate hot chocolate and eating potato soup for lunch!  The potato soup was my favorite!  We had garlic bread to dip and soak up all the yummy cheesy bacon-y goodness!  

But, around 3:30 pm, Eric and I had to leave to spend the rest of the day with his family, so we said farewell, jump-started our car, and left later than we thought.  (Oh yeah, our car battery bit the dust so we had to get a new one. :(  It started Christmas Eve morning.)

Higgins

Top:  Brian, Krysta, Steven  Middle:  Cayden, Ruth, Grace, Cory  Bottom:  Chad, Amber, Laura, Carly, Eric


Notice that Laura is holding my hand in the first one!!!  Also, on Christmas Eve his parents gave us all pajamas.  Eric and I had money pants.  You know, because we have soooo much money!  We had an amazing meal (for a seafood deprived college married couple) of Chicken Cordon Bleu, cheesy broccoli and cauliflower, shrimp, popcorn shrimp, and jello.  They had Sparkling Apple cider to drink and rich chocolate cake with fudge frosting and strawberries on top!  I guess it is tradition that they always have this meal. 

Also on Christmas Eve we watched Despicable Me 2 which meant that Eric and I didn't get home until 1 pm, and we had to stay up till 2 pm finishing wrapping and drying some of our clothes.  We were quite tired and barely woke up at 8 am on Christmas.

Anyway later on Christmas day we opened presents and munched on yummy snacks.  Eric and I got several gift cards so we could get a new outfit, go to dinner, and see a movie.  (They gave this to Chad and Amber as well.)  We also got old towels to clean with and soft blankets for our couch...


Amber, Krysta and I got leggings...though the black ones aren't long enough so I need to get different ones.  Curse my long legs!


We had Steven and Steven had us...hmm.
We gave Steven The Hobbit Extended, but it didn't come on time so we have to give it to him when the postal service catches up...
He gave us a nice stainless steel tea kettle, 4 black mugs, White Chocolate hot chocolate (Yes, this is the one we had that morning so we know that it is the best!),  and Peanut Buttercup hot chocolate (which is also quite good if you like peanut butter...which I do!)


Cory, Chad, Brian, Steven, and Krysta played with the new ping pong table they got.  Cayden got some fun Legos and blocks that he was playing with.  Can you guess who played with Cayden?  Amber, Ruth, and I relaxed on the couch chatting, reading, and watching the kiddos play with their new toys.

Finally, Eric and I left the Higgins and drove back home.  Still is hard to believe that this is our first Christmas as a married couple!

Adorable Sneak Attack!
Here is an adorable picture of my niece, Lily, in her new outfit on Sunday the 22nd!  
Aunt Jackie and Uncle Brian and Cameron sent them the outfit from Canada!


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

(I did this while watching a movie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment