Do any of you remember that part in The RM where Jared is sharing that hotel room with the weird guy? And in the middle of the night the guy starts spazzing and eventually punches his bed while Jared flees for his life? This is the best video I could find for it...(Even now it is hilarious!)
Well, that was kinda how I felt last night. I was sleeping peacefully when all of a sudden Eric (who was a lot closer than I remember him being when I fell asleep...) starts spazzing and hitting me.
"What the!? Ouch! Eric! What are you doing?" Me shoving him in the chest to wake him up.
Him waking up and realizing what he has done. "Wha? ...Oh, Sorry."
"Are you okay?" Me inching away from him nursing my injuries.
"Yes." Turning away and curling into an ashamed ball and speaking harshly. "It was a dream."
At this point he was frustrated and angry and I didn't know what to do so I just gently scooted over and held him. I figured I would wait for him to explain that bizarre and potentially dangerous behavior.
Of course that meant I was awake at who-knows-when trying, and failing, to fall back asleep. I think all my tossing and turning told Eric I was not asleep because he eventually curled up behind me and explained why I was awake at that awful hour.
Apparently he had a dream where he was trying to solve a puzzle or game and it kept restarting on him. This meant he could never beat it but he was forced to keep trying so he got really frustrated and destroyed it-I mean me...
And here I thought he was being tortured or falling from a cliff or fighting ninjas to protect me. Nope, he was playing a game (I have a sneaking suspicion it was Candy Crush Saga...grrrr) and he grew so frustrated that it wouldn't let him win that he beat it to a pulp...and me in the process.
Sigh. I lost sleep because of that stupid dream game. Thanks a lot dream game.
On the bright side I got a call from RC Willey this morning. Our furniture will be delivered on Friday! That means we will finally have a real bed and not just a mattress on the floor. Yay! And the best part is that it includes our nightstands which weren't supposed to come till middle of July.
No sleep, but furniture arriving in a few days...I'll accept that!
No comments:
Post a Comment