Monday, June 17, 2013

One Post to rule them all...

Recently I became a wife, but not just any wife-a sheep's wife.  No, I didn't marry a sheep nor would I want to.  Let me explain...

A long time ago, back in 2012 I moved to a single's ward where I saw Eric for the first time.  Snap, I wouldn't mind marrying that guy.  I shall go talk to him, flirt like a pro and he shall be so captivated and smitten that he will marry me on the spot. :)  So I did.  I fought every bone in my shy body and tried to talk and flirt with him after church.


It had absolutely no effect on him...

How dare he not be affected by me!  Doesn't he know I am his future wife!  Grumble, mumble, grumble, mumble, etc, etc.  Wait, Carly, hold on one second.  Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe he couldn't comprehend my beauty all at once.  Maybe I should give him another chance.  So I did.  The next week I made sure I looked dang good and, again, I attempted to flirt and gave his brain ample opportunity and time to soak up all my awesomeness and beauty.  Again, he seemed unaffected by it...

Aggravation and confusion slowly lapsed into acceptance.  Throughout the summer I made small attempts to flirt and talk to him with little success.  It was very hard to read this guy.  One week he is flirting back and asking me to come to their weekly movie night and the next week he doesn't even glance in my direction.  After a couple months of this I grew weary and gave up on the idiot.  I decided I was done trying to make it happen and if he didn't find me attractive I would find someone who did.

The next three weeks I was gone either in Idaho or down in Lake Powell or at a Mission Farewell.  (FYI:  On our return my sister and her husband had to go to New York for a wedding so I stayed in their house and watched their dogs for them.)  Many other things happened including a slack-lining competition that my bro-in-law's cousin was in.  We went to see her and I thought it would be cool to tell Eric about this (because he is big into Parkour [see 5:54 of the video for one of his awesome tricks]).  So I did.  Not expecting anything to happen I went to church after my three week absence and saw him before Relief Society started and said hi.  He seemed pleasantly surprised to see me and interested in where I had been for three weeks...Odd.  I told him about my vacations and the slack-lining (which he already knew about, of course) and that was that.  Until, I went to the Linger Longer after church... (you know, to encourage people to linger longer and eat and talk and date and marry...sadly, I am only half joking here.)

That was when everything changed.  It was like a light bulb had suddenly flipped in Eric's brain during my absence.  He suddenly wanted to talk to me and asked if I was going to a party that night.  I told him I was at my sisters house and had no ride.  "I can get you and take you home if you want. Let me get your number."  What?!  Did that really just happen?  What is going on right now?  "Sure, it's 801-"  "Wait, hold on, I can't figure out how to add a new contact.  This is a new phone, um."  "Here, give me your number and I'll call you."  "Sure that will work!"  We literally saw each other every day after that...seriously, every day!

And thus began our 10 Month Courtship from the end of August to middle of May.  We now live in the student married housing at the University of Utah and are loving life!

Oh, I just realized I never explained the sheep's wife thing...so here goes!  Eric (commonly known has Higgie to his friends) has a sheep's comic that he created and illustrates called Sheepish which chronicles the adventures of a sheep named Mark.  He has many sheep things, frequently baa's at random times, and wants to illustrate some of our dates through his sheep Mark and Jessica (the girl sheep whom I have forced myself on whether he likes it or not...the similarities are remarkable...).    Hence sheep's wife...get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment